Pembroke Pines (K-12) Campus - Guidance Counselor (9-12)
Welcome to Franklin Academy’s High School Guidance Department. Our counselors are here to assist students in the areas of Academic, Personal/Social and Career Development. We are committed to helping each student reach his/her personal goals.
Counselors are assigned by last name.
Mrs. Christine Englert (A-K) email@example.com
Ms. Janet Sprague (L-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
BRACE Advisor/Dual Enrollment CoordinatorMr. Leandy Lanfranco email@example.com
Franklin Academy will host the 4th Annual College Fair on Friday, October 11, from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm for our 11th and 12th grade students.
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS
PSAT/NMSQT for 11th grade students is October 16, 2019.
PSAT 10 for 10th grade students is April 15, 2020.
Most colleges use both SAT and ACT test results to help determine admission eligibility. Both tests are widely accepted. We recommend students take both tests in order to determine which test is better for them.
- Where to register:
- The following websites are great places to get free practice:
COLLEGE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Florida - Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Federal Student Aid – FAFSA
- Bright Futures Scholarship
- FastWeb Scholarship Database
- Graduation Requirements
- Community Service Hours
- 40 Hours are Required to Graduate!!!
- You must ensure that you are performing your hours with a non-profit agency
- For opportunities and acceptable locations ask your guidance counselors or check-out Hands On Broward
- More hours are required for the Bright Futures Scholarships
- 100 hours for Florida Academic Scholarship
- 75 hours for Florida Medallion Scholarship
- Student Service Volunteer Hours Log Sheet
- Online Classes through Florida Virtual School
- College Planning for 9th and 10th Graders
- College Planning for 11th Graders
- College Planning for 12th Graders
- State University Admissions Matrix 2019-2020
Please consult with your counselor for more information.